A new way to sign up BBM
This new feature allows you to sign up using phone numbers only, means your account using phone numbers will be verified by entering OTP received via text. Provides you with fast and secure login. Here’s how you do it:
- Enter a valid phone number into the phone number field
- Once the phone number is inserted, enter the code that is sent by text
- If you already have BBM account using email as BBID, tap on “Login with email”
- If you want to create a new account, from the “Login with email” page, click “Create a New Account”.
- When you click it, you will return to the previous page, the login page. Means that new account can only be created with a phone number.
This new feature require you as a user to upgrade BBM. It allows BBM to migrate user to newer version of the app when the old version is no longer supported. Simply by selecting the upgrade option upon opening BBM.