Public Entry Point
This feature allows you to create the new group chat with more members up to 300 members. Here’s how you do it:
- On the Chat screen, tap on blue bubble chat, choose New Group
- Choose between the old group (50 members) or new group (300 members).
This feature allows you to experience new layout notification that provides more info from the notification bar when you receive a message from GGB (New Generation Group).
Allow Members to Invite
This feature in GGB (New Generation Group) allows other members to be able to freely invite their contacts without waiting for admin to be active. Here’s how you do it:
- Click on the Group Info
- Toggle the setting On to allow members to invite others
Remove Entry Point Multiple Chat
This feature improvement allows you to create New Generation Group (GGB) from 1:1 chat instead of multiple chats. Here’s how you do it:
- On 1:1 chat, tap three dots on top-right chat screen and select Invite More
- The 1:1 chat contact will be pre-selected for the group creation.
Native Video Player
This new feature can make you watch Vidio.com links directly inside group chat & 1:1 using a native player. Only works video from Vidio.com, Live, and VOD. Here’s how you do it:
- Paste a video link from Vidio.com on 1:1 chat or New Generation Group (GGB).
- Tap the video to trigger the native player.
Getting Closer to New Generation Group (GGB)
In a new group, creation flow will automatically become a New Generation Group (GGB) to experience all the features. Here’s how you can do it:
- From the Chat tab, create a group
- A user will automatically go to new group creation flow
Old Group Migration
This new feature is to notify the old group to upgrade to New Generation Group (GGB). Here’s how you can do it:
- Enter an old group chat page to see an upgrade message on top
- Click the link on the upgrade message
- If you have admin role, then New Generation Group (GGB) will be created
- If you are not an admin, you will receive the message “please contact your group admin to do upgrade”
- When upgraded, you will be given a shortcut to open New Generation Group (GGB) by clicking the URL on the message.
Group Notification Non-Preview
This feature is about hides the details of the message when BBM app is not opened. It gives you the option to have more privacy. Here’s how you do it:
- On the “More” tab and tap “Notifications”
- Tap “Notifications” to see other options
- Uncheck on “Show Previews” to set to non-previews (default is checked).
- Close the BBM app and when you receive a message on New Generation Group (GGB) it will show you only the name of the group and sender name.