Reduce Cold Start Time
BBM now has 30% faster cold start time than previous release. Average cold start time in previous release was 9 seconds. Here’s how you use it:
- Force close the BBM application
- Open the BBM application once more
- Observe a reduction of loading time until chat list appears
Conversation Page Responsiveness
To reduce lagging, conversation page responsiveness has been improved when opening the chat page. Here’s how you used it:
- Sender and Receiver will experienced the same benefit:
- Open any 1:1 chat, multiple chat, GGB (New Generation Group) or old group chat.
- Observe better responsiveness when sending and receiving text message, sticker & BBMoji, any keyboard panel feature (media, glympse, etc).
(Messaging) Non-persistent Connection Phase 3
Optimization improvements to phase 1 and 2:
- Phase 1 – Disconnect on Doze Mode (2 hours of not using your phone)
- Phase 2 – Disconnect on Screen Dim (5 minutes after turning off your screen)
(Messaging) Non-persistent Connection Phase 4A
This feature is about ensuring message delivery when BBM is on the background during doze mode. When users have outgoing activities, the “Pending activity…” will appear on the notification tray. When there are no more outgoing activities, the notification will disappear.
Reduce Execution Time
This performance improvements is reducing execution time will lead to a decrease in rendering time. The benefit of this improvements is to reduce UI rendering time and end-user experience are slightly improved.
(Messaging) Message improvements
This message improvement is about if you want to delete the BBM app and return before 180 days (approximately months), all pending BBM messages will be shown. Your new messages from the app will not be lost either from 1:1 or group chat, making it easier to catch up on what you miss.