When you create a public channel or private channel, you can share your perspective with the BBM community in posts, comments, and chats. You can change your channel profile picture, name, and status to let people know what's happening, specify chat hours, or restrict comments.
Channels that you create can't be transferred to another person.
- Tap Channels.
- Tap > Create Channel.
- Complete the following:
- Select a picture.
- Type a channel name.
- Select a category.
- To control who can join your channel, turn on the Private Channel switch. You can't change this option later.
- Tap Save.
To access your channel on a computer, visit this page and sign in using your BBM ID.
Tip: You can easily access channels you have already created by tapping and scrolling down to Channels. From here, if you already have a channel, you can quickly make a new channel by tapping Create Channel.
Tip: You can access your own channel profile. In the channel you created, tap the name of the channel. You can also invite more people to join your channel through scanning a barcode by tapping .
Edit Your Channel
- Open a channel that you created.
- To change your channel profile or details, at the top of the screen, tap the channel picture or name.
You can view data on how people discovered your BBM channel and what posts are the most active. People can see your posts when they preview your channel, but they must join your channel if they want to like or comment on your posts.
Delete your own Channel
If you delete a BBM channel that you created, you can't restore the channel or its data. Please do the following steps to delete a channel :
- From ‘Discover’ tab select ‘Channels’
- Select a channel that you want to delete
- Tap on ‘Three Dot’ button on the right bottom
- Tap on ‘Delete Channel’ button on the bottom then tap ‘Delete’ button to delete channel