You can plan events, track to-do lists, share pictures, and chat with up to 50 people in one group at the same time. For example, you can confirm your plans in a group chat and then create an appointment or checklist that everyone in the group can see.
Group members can invite their BBM contacts, so you can meet new people without adding them as BBM contacts. If a group already has 50 members, you can't join until someone leaves the group, or you can start your own group.
- To create a group, tap. Complete the fields.
- To respond to a group invitation that you received, tap .
View group members
- In a group, tap the group profile picture or name at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the members screen.
Make someone an admin
When you create a BBM group, you become an administrator for that group. Group administrators can control group membership, change the group's profile picture or description, and disband the group and delete all of the shared information.
Tip: After you create a group, consider having multiple admins or creating an administration password so you can reclaim admin rights if necessary, such as after switching to a new device.
- In a group, tap > group settings.
Do any of the following:
- To make someone an admin, tap Add Administrator. Tap .
- To set an administration password that members can use to become an admin, tap Create.
Leave a group
The group and all of its data is removed from your device when you leave a group. Other members continue to see the items that you shared, including pictures and lists.
If you're an administrator for the group, you can choose to delete the group and all of its data when you leave.