The first time that you open BBM, you're prompted to create an account, or you can sign in to BBM using an existing account. The email address and password that you use for BBM is your BlackBerry ID.
Tip: To make it easier to reset your password, you should confirm your account.
View or edit your BlackBerry ID
Your BBM data is backed up based on your BlackBerry ID. You can sign in with only one BlackBerry ID. If you want to sign in with a different BlackBerry ID, you can reinstall BBM.
- Tap > settings > general.
- Tap your BlackBerry ID and sign in.
- Do any of the following:
- Change your email address.
- Change your password.
- Beside the Email Status field, tap Confirm my email.
- In the BlackBerry ID email that you receive, click the confirm email link and complete the instructions.
How do I reset my BBM password or BlackBerry ID password?
You can reset your password if you confirmed your BlackBerry ID email address, or if you have a password recovery answer.
- In BBM, beside Already on BBM, tap Sign In.
- Tap Forgot password.
- Complete the instructions on the screen.
- In the BlackBerry ID email that you receive, click the change password link. Complete the instructions.
I can't reset my password / I want to delete my BBM Account
If you can't sign in to BBM and you can't reset your BBM Account password, you can choose to delete your BBM ID.
Warning: Any data that is associated with your BBM Account, including your BBM contacts and BBM Shop purchases, is deleted when you reset your account.
NOTE: If you delete your BBM account, you can never restore it
Email-based BlackBerry ID
Tap general (email address)
Tap on your BlackBerry ID
Tap Forgot Password?
Enter verification code
Tap Delete BBM ID Account
- You will receive 2 emails. Open the one titled Deleting your BBM account (If you do not receive the Delete email please check your Spam filters)
- Click the link Delete BBM Account
Click on Click here to delete your BBM account
You will be redirected to a web page titled “Delete BBM ID Request”
If you are certain that you would like to delete your account, click on Continue
You will be redirected to a confirmation page advising that your BlackBerry ID has been deleted
NOTE: If you do not have access to your email address, please reach out to Support for assistance by clicking here.
Sign out of BBM
After you sign in to BBM, you can sign out by doing any of the following:
- To switch devices, sign in to BBM on your new device.
- To remove your BBM information from a device, delete BBM. You can download BBM again to sign in using a different account.