The first time that you open BBM, you're prompted to create a BBM ID, or you can sign in to BBM using an existing BBM ID. If you’re an existing BBM user and you're switching to a new device, you should sign in using your existing BBM ID. Your BBM contacts are moved to your new device if you sign in with your existing BBM ID.
When you create a new BBM ID, you can use either an email address or a phone number as your BBM ID. If you use an email address as your BBM ID, you receive a confirmation email message. To make it easier to reset your password, you should confirm your BBM ID. If you use a phone number as your BBM ID, you can receive a text message to verify your BBM ID.
Passwordless Login: Phone Number - Auto Detect & Country Picker
This new feature to seamlessly auto detects country code. Here’s how you do it:
- Country code is automatically selected based on SIM/locale/default
- You also has the option to manually enter country code and can select country from list or through search.
Passwordless Login: Phone Number - Validation
This new feature to ensure correct and valid phone number registered. Here’s how you do it:
- Enter valid phone number into the phone number field
- The “next” button will only be activated if the length requirement is met
- Landline and invalid phone numbers will be rejected by server
Passwordless Login: OTP & Retry
This new feature to verify account by entering OTP received via text. Here’s how you do it:
- Once phone number is inserted, enter code that is sent by text
- Can request OTP code multiple times by clicking the ‘Resend Code’ link
Sign in With Email Address and Password
This feature allows you as an existing users to sign in using your email address. On sign in screen, select “Login with email” and enter valid credentials.
Reset Password (Email)
This feature allows you to recover your account in case you forgot credentials. This feature applicable for account sign up with email only. Here’s how you do it:
- From sign in screen, click “Forgot Password”.
- Input your email address. Press “Reset” to continue.
- Verification code will be sent to your email. Verification code expires 15 minutes after it is sent.
- After code is verified, you’ll be asked to input the new password. Password length must be 6-20 characters. Click “Save” to continue.
- Your password has successfully been reset. Go to sign in screen to try your new password.