You can turn a BBM chat into a face-to-face conversation using the BBM video chat feature!
You can start a BBM video call with contacts who are using a supported Android™ or iOS device.
If your device or your contact's device doesn't support BBM video chats, your call is connected to voice only. Depending on your device, this feature might not be supported.
In a BBM chat, in the upper right corner of the screen, tap for a video call, or for a voice call.
Answer or Decline a BBM Video or Voice Chat
When you receive a BBM video or voice call, the call screen appears.
- To answer a BBM video call, tap .
- To answer a BBM voice call, tap .
- To decline the call, tap .
By default, your front-facing camera is used during BBM video chats.
In a BBM video chat, do any of the following:
- To switch to the rear-facing camera, tap .
- To move your video thumbnail, touch the thumbnail and drag it to a different corner of the screen.
Use BBM Video Over a Wi-Fi Network Only
If you're concerned with mobile data usage, you can change your BBM options to prevent calls over mobile networks.
- Tap .
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Turn off the Allow BBM Calls Over Mobile Networks switch.