If you didn't mean to send a particular message, you can retract it. When you retract a message, it no longer appears on your device or your contact's device.
If you want to remove the messages from your device only, you can delete a message. When you delete a message, it still appears on your contact's device.
- In a chat, touch and hold a message or picture that you sent.
- Tap Delete
- Do one of the following:
- To delete the message or picture from your device only, tap Delete.
- To retract the message from your contact's device, tap Retract.
Tip: you can also retract or delete a sticker by doing the same actions.
Clear or Retract all Messages in a Chat
When you end a chat with a contact, you can retract all the messages that you sent in the chat. When you clear a chat means that the chat will be deleted from your device. When you retract a chat, all the messages you sent in that chat no longer appear on your device or your contact's device.
- In a chat, tap
- Tap Retract Chat or Clear Chat.
Edit message improvement
When user edits a message, the edited message will not be retracted and stays in the original position. Here’s how you do it :
- Send a message
- Long press on the text then choose ‘Edit’ the sent message and send the edited message again.
- The edited message should stay in its original bubble position.