The first time that you open BBM, you're prompted to create a BBM ID, or you can sign in to BBM using an existing BBM ID. If you’re an existing BBM user and you're switching to a new device, you should sign in using your existing BBM ID. Your BBM contacts are moved to your new device if you sign in with your existing BBM ID.
To create BBM ID you can use your phone numbers. When you create a new BBM ID using a phone number as your BBM ID, you will receive a verification code to verify your BBM ID. But if you already have a BBM ID using email, you can log in to BBM with an email on the login page.
Passwordless Login: Phone Number - Auto Detect & Country Picker
New feature to seamlessly auto detects country code. Country code is automatically selected based on SIM/locale/default.
User also has the option to manually enter country code and can select country from list or through search.
Passwordless Login: Phone Number - Validation
New feature to ensure correct and valid phone number registered. Here’s how you do it :
- Enter valid phone number into the phone number field.
- The “next” button will only be activated if the length requirement is met.
- Landline and invalid phone numbers will be rejected by server.
Passwordless Login: OTP & Retry
New feature to verify account by entering OTP received via text. Here’s how you do it :
- Once phone number is inserted, enter a code that is sent by SMS
- Can request OTP code multiple times by clicking the ‘Resend Code’ link
Sign in With Email Address and Password
Enable existing users to login using their email account. Here’s how you do it :
- On login screen, select “Login with email”.
- Enter your email address and password then tab ‘Next’ button.
Reset Password (Email)
This feature is used to recover account in case of forgotten credentials. Here’s how you do it :
- From the Sign in page, click "Forgot Password".
- Fill in email address then tab ‘Reset’ button.
- User should enter the email OTP code to reset the password for the email account.
- Enter your new password then tab ‘Save’ button.