There are multiple ways to turn off group chat notifications.
If your group chat doesn’t use the extended features, there is only one way to mute notifications from the group.
- In a group chat, at the top of the screen, tap the group chat name.
- Turn on the Mute Notifications switch. Select an option.
- In a group chat, tap > Group Settings.
If the group you are in uses the extended features, there are two ways to manage group notifications.
If you are currently in the group chat, this method would be the fastest.
- In the group chat, at the top of the screen, tap the group chat name.
- Tap > Group Settings.
- Turn off the Chat notifications for this group switch.
Or, if you are currently on the ‘Me’ tab, you could also do the following steps:
- Tap .
- Tap Groups.
- Select the group you wish to manage.
- Go to General.
- Switch on or off Chat notifications for this group.