There are two different types of notifications: normal, and ping and priority notifications. You receive ping and priority notifications when you receive a notification marked as high priority, such as a ping. You receive normal notifications for typical chats or other notifications. You can manage the settings for normal notifications as well as ping and priority notifications.
- Tap .
- Scroll down to Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Choose which type of notifications you wish to manage the options for.
To manage settings for normal notifications, tap Notifications.
To manage settings for ping and priority notifications, tap Ping and Priority Notifications.
- Do one or more of the following to change the settings for the type of notifications you have decided to manage:
- To turn on or turn off this type of notification, switch the notifications on or off.
- To start or stop showing notification previews when you receive notifications while you are not in the BBM app, check or uncheck the Show Previews box.
- To change whether your device vibrates when you receive a notification, check or uncheck Vibrate.
- To change the sound that plays when you receive a notification, tap Tone, then select a tone from the list.
- If applicable, to adjust the LED color your device displays when you receive a notification, tap LED Color, and choose a colour from the list.