When you create a group chat with extended features, you become an administrator for that group chat. Group chat administrators can control group membership (i.e. prevent members from inviting others) and add other administrators. Administrators can update the group description, delete chats and pictures, change picture details, and delete the group and all data
Tip: After you create a group chat, consider having multiple admins or creating an administration password so you can reclaim admin rights if necessary, such as after switching to a new device.
Add an administrator
- In a group chat, tap > Group Settings.
- Do any of the following:
- To make someone an admin, beside the Administrators field, tap Edit. Tap .
- Create an administration password so that anyone who enters the administration password will become an administrator.
- Tap .
- Scroll down Settings.
- Tap Groups.
- Select the group you wish to create an administration password for.
- Go to Administration > Administration Password.
- Tap Create.
- Fill in the required fields. To set or change an administration password that members can use to become an admin, besides Administration Password, tap Edit.
You can change the administrator password at any time.
Delete an administrator
- If you are in a group chat, tap then select Group Settings. Alternatively, you can tap , scroll down to Settings and tap Groups. and select the group you wish to delete an administrator from.
- Go to Administration > Administrators.
- Tap Edit.
- Touch and hold the member you would like to revoke the administration privileges from
- Tap .