When you create a public channel or private channel, you can share your perspective with the BBM community in posts, comments, and chats. You can change your channel profile picture, name, and status to let people know what's happening, specify chat hours, or restrict comments.
Channels that you create can't be transferred to another person.
- Tap or .
- Tap Channels
- Tap > Create Channel.
- Complete the following:
- Select a picture.
- Type a channel name.
- Select a category.
- To control who can join your channel, turn on the Private Channel switch. You can't change this option later.
- Tap Save.
Tip: You can easily access channels you have already created by tapping and scrolling down to Channels. From here, if you already have a channel, you can quickly make a new channel by tapping Create Channel.
Tip: You can access your own channel profile. In the channel you created, tap the name of the channel. You can also invite more people to join your channel through scanning a barcode by tapping .
Edit your channel
Your channel posts and channel profile can help influence whether or not people join your channel. From the channel settings, you can turn on or turn off BBM chats and specify chat hours.
- Open a channel that you created.
- To change your channel profile or details, at the top of the screen, tap the channel picture or name.
- To change your channel settings, tap >.
- To specify chat hours, in your channel settings make sure that the Allow BBM Chats With You switch is set to On. Then, beside the Chat Hours field, tap Always Available and set the switch to Off.
View subscribers and statistics
You can view data on how people discovered your BBM channel and what posts are the most active. People can see your posts when they preview your channel, but they must join your channel if they want to like or comment on your posts.
- In a channel that you created, tap Stats.
- To view your current subscribers, tap Subscribers.
About verified channels
BlackBerry reviews BBM Channels across a variety of subjects on an ongoing basis and might identify some channels as verified, but you can't request this identification specifically.
The icon identifies channels with authoritative content from people, brands, and services as verified channels.
Delete your channel
If you delete a BBM channel that you created, you can't restore the channel or its data.
Alternatively, if you are on the Channels screen:
- Tap .
- Touch and hold the channel you want to delete