If you didn't mean to send a particular message, you can retract it. When you retract a message, it no longer appears on your device or your contact's device.
If you want to remove the messages from your device only, you can delete a message. When you delete a message, it still appears on your contact's device.
- In a chat, touch and hold a message or picture that you sent.
- Tap Delete Message.
Do one of the following:
- To delete the message or picture from your device only, tap Delete.
- To retract the message from your contact's device, tap Retract.
Retract all messages in a chat
- In the chats list, touch and hold a chat.
- Tap End Chat.
- Tap Retract Chat.
Edit a message
- In a chat, touch and hold a message you sent.
- Tap Edit Message.