You can chat in real time with your BBM contacts and know when someone has read your message.
- Tap a contact. If you can't find particular contacts, they might be pending contacts or might have recently changed their name.
- Type your message.
Tap. Do any of the following:
- To add an emoticon, scroll down.
- To add a sticker, tap a sticker tab. Scroll down, left, or right.
- To buy stickers, tap.
Do any of the following:
- To add a picture, voice note, or other file, tap.
- To ping someone, tap > ping.
Tip: If you receive a picture, you can tap Request HD to request a picture of a higher quality that you can save.
Send a timed message or picture
You can send messages and pictures that can be viewed for a specified amount of time. The item is hidden in the chat until you touch and hold to reveal it. After the timer expires, the content can't be viewed.
- After typing a message or attaching a picture, tap.
- Select how many seconds you want the other person to be able to view the item for.
- Tap Send or OK.
Pin a contact to Start
You can pin BBM contacts to the Start screen for quick access to people you chat with regularly.
Chat with more people
- To start a new chat with multiple contacts, tap .
- To send the same message to multiple contacts, tap .
Tip: In an existing chat, you can invite more contacts to the conversation by tapping > invite more.
View your chat history
You can scroll up in an active chat to view messages that you sent or received. BBM can show up to 10,000 messages for each contact. With a file manager app, you can browse pictures or files that a BBM contact shared if you saved them to your device.
If you want to view recent messages after you end a chat, you can change your BBM options.
- Tap > settings > chats.
- Turn on the Save Chat History switch.
Tip: You can copy notes to another app or share the chat history using email by tapping .