The first time that you open BBM, you're prompted to create an account, or you can sign in to BBM using an existing account. The email address and password that you use for BBM is your BlackBerry ID.
Tip: To make it easier to reset your password, you should confirm your account.
View or edit your BlackBerry ID
Your BBM data is backed up based on your BlackBerry ID. You can sign in with only one BlackBerry ID. If you want to sign in with a different BlackBerry ID, you can reinstall BBM.
- Tap > settings > general.
- Tap your BlackBerry ID and sign in.
Do any of the following:
- Change your email address.
- Change your password.
- Beside the Email Status field, tap Confirm my email.
- In the BlackBerry ID email that you receive, click the confirm email link and complete the instructions.
How do I reset my BBM password or BlackBerry ID password?
You can reset your password if you confirmed your BlackBerry ID email address, or if you have a password recovery answer.
- In BBM, beside Already on BBM, tap Sign In.
- Tap Forgot password.
- Complete the instructions on the screen.
- In the BlackBerry ID email that you receive, click the change password link. Complete the instructions.
I can't reset my password
If you can't sign in to BBM and you can't reset your BlackBerry ID password, you can choose to reset your BlackBerry ID.
Warning: Any data that is associated with your BlackBerry ID, including your BBM contacts and sticker purchases, is deleted when you reset your account.
- While trying to reset your password in BBM, tap Reset BlackBerry ID.
- In the BlackBerry ID email that you receive, click the reset account link. Complete the instructions.
- In BBM, on the Create Account screen, sign up for BBM using the same email address. Tap Create Account.
Sign out of BBM
After you sign in to BBM, you can sign out by doing any of the following:
- To switch devices, sign in to BBM on your new device.
- To remove your BBM information from a device, delete BBM. You can download BBM again to sign in using a different account.